- Place your watermelon on a large chopping board.
- Get the longest Chef's knife you have/ your parents allow you to handle.
- Cut the watermelon in half down the east-west equator. (Imagine the watermelon is the earth; the faint white lines across it are meridians that go north-south; your cut should not follow a meridian, but should cross all of them.)
- Now turn a half face down so that you cannot see the red and cut in half again. (This time the cut will follow a meridian)
- Take a piece and lay it on a red side. Slice it into 1" triangular slices (triangles with a rounded edge.)
- To make cubes, cut the red away from the white and chop into cubes.
- Use in a fruit salad, or juice.
Friday, June 6, 2008
How to Cut Watermelon
Knowing how to cut watermelon is very important. Especially if you want to make Watermelon Juice!